Skip to Main Content

Geoduck Resource Guide

A comprehensive list of community resources relevant to Evergreen students at both Olympia and Tacoma campuses.

Campus Resources

Student Support Services

Access Services

(360) 867-6348

It is the policy of The Evergreen State College that "No qualified handicapped student shall, on the basis of handicap, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or otherwise be subjected to discrimination under any academic, research, occupational training, housing, health insurance, counseling, financial aid, physical education, athletic, recreation, transportation, other extracurricular, or other post-secondary education program or activity."

Applying for accommodations from Access Services is as quick as filling out an online form located on the Access Services page, contacting their office at (360) 867-6348, sending an email to, or doing a virtual/physical drop-in to make an appointment with staff.

Accommodations include but are not limited to the following:



(360) 867-5927

Inclusive Excellence and Student Success (IESS) office at Lib 2153

TRIO provides support services for students who meet at least one of these three criteria: first generation, low-income, and/or have a documented disability with Access Services. TRIO provides many resources (one-on-one advising, advocacy, financial aid guidance, peer support, free tutoring services, etc.,) to successfully attain their bachelor’s degrees. Applying to TRIO can be done through their online form or by contacting their office.

TRIO is available for Olympia, Tacoma, and Native Pathways program students.



BIPOC & LGBTQ+ Intersectional Support Services

(360) 867-6467

Student Equity & Arts Lounge (SEAL), CAB 227 

BLISS enhances the educational experience, retention, and graduation rate of students of color and LGBTQIA+ students, and offers a myriad of services:

  • Supporting academic, personal and career matters, academic interventions and innovations
  • Providing referrals to on and off-campus resources
  • Creating campus-wide educational and cultural programming in support of diversity and inclusion
  • Providing community building and belonging activities


Student Activities

Student Activities not only provides access to clubs and fun campus events, but also a myriad of services: resources on how to create campus clubs and/or plan events, the campus's Cooper Point Journal newspaper, KAOS radio, the Flaming Eggplant café, a religious/holistic/spiritual well-being Chaplain, and is also home to several student governments and bodies:


Advocacy and Resource Center (ARC) Basic Needs Center

College Activities Building rm 135 (located outside Greenery entrance)

Students can make appointments for Zoom appointments or to visit the Basic Needs Center location, and can also receive referrals and advocacy for on and off-campus resources (government/state benefits, community services, etc.). In-person appointments allow students to receive the following:

  • Hygiene Items
  • Food Pantry & Shelf Stable Foods
  • Donated Books
  • A Gender-Affirming Clothes Closet
  • Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)


Title IX 

(360) 867-5224 LIB 3216

The Title IX Office works with students, faculty, and staff to provide support, resources, and resolution options to anyone that may have experienced sexual harassment (including sexual assault, stalking, and domestic violence), sex and gender discrimination, pregnant and parenting discrimination, and unequal access to educational programs and/or activities. Title IX works to protect any person, regardless of sex, gender, perceived sex, perceived gender, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.


Student Wellness Services

(360) 867-6200

No insurance or campus residency required. Open during business hours and can help with colds, flu, minor injuries. Additional fee(s) for lab tests, medications, or other treatment-related costs, are billed to your student account as a "Student Wellness Services" fee. Student Wellness Services also provides a variety of groups and workshops for students.


See "Food" tab on sidebar for information on local food banks, free meals, etc.

Parking Lot C Pop-Up Food Bank
Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month, 2 pm - 4 pm

Evergreen’s pop-up food bank site allows for distribution of food while minimizing contact and practicing social distancing. All food safety guidelines will be followed and staff and volunteers will wear masks and gloves to avoid transmission and exposure. You do not need to prove financial need or live on the Evergreen campus to receive food.

Sem I 2150 Food Pantry: Located in SEM I 2150, and is open 24/7. This is a public food pantry with various easy-to-prepare food items and snacks.

HCC Food Pantry: Located in the Housing Community Center, located left of the POD market. This is a free food pantry with items donated by students for students.

Hungry Greener Voucher Program: This program provides limited funds to eligible students that can be used confidentially in the Greenery using your current student ID card.

Financial Aid Office

Emergency Cash Assistance

The Financial Aid office has several resources for emergency cash assistance:

Short Term Loans

This option is available to current students during the quarter they are attending. This is a loan from Evergreen that allows students to borrow up to $400. This loan cannot be used for living costs between quarters.

Students will be charged a $15 origination fee and a $2 service fee for a total of $17 that is paid back when the loan is due. The loan is due 30 days from the date the loan is made or by the end of the quarter; whichever comes first. The form is located on the Financial Aid page under "Emergency Aid Application."

Emergency Fund (Gift Aid)
Emergency Fund gift aid is available to students with an unexpected financial crisis that would cause the student to not complete the term or continue their education. This generally cannot be used to pay a charge owed to Evergreen.
 This is limited to $500 per academic year (Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer) and cannot exceed your cost of attendance. The rule limiting students to one emergency grant or loan per academic year has been lifted as of Spring 2020, and is subject to change. The form is located on the Financial Aid page under "Emergency Aid Application."

Filled out forms must be submitted to or turned in at the office.


See "Transportation" tab on sidebar for information on Intercity Transit, how to ride the bus, and Routes 41 and 48 route tables.

Transportation in and out of the college is serviced by the completely free Intercity Transit bus system, and connected directly to downtown Olympia, Lacey, Tumwater, Nisqually, and Yelm. Buses that serve the Olympia campus are on the 41 and 48 routes, and have stops at the at the bus loop outside Red Square, the bus loop outside Student Dorm/Apartments at Indian Pipe Loop, on-campus student MOD housing at Wild Current Loop, and the Evergreen Garden off-campus apartments. Precise bus stop locations are on located the Campus Map.

Campus Phone Numbers

The Evergreen State College (360) 867-6000

Tacoma Campus (253) 680-3000   

Evergreen Police Services

  • Emergency Number (360) 867-6140 
  • Non-Emergency Number (360) 867-6832 

Daniel J. Evans Library (360) 867-6250  

Financial Aid (360) 867-6205


Registration and Records (360) 867-6180


Residential and Dining (360) 867-6132

  • After Hours Assistance (360) 867-6832

Bookstore (360) 867-5300

Parking Services (360) 867-6352

Student Wellness Services (360) 867-6200

Title IX (360) 867-5224 

Daniel J. Evans Library - MS: LIB2300 - 2700 Evergreen Parkway, NE. Olympia, WA 98501 - 360-867-6250