Skip to Main Content

Geoduck Resource Guide

A comprehensive list of community resources relevant to Evergreen students at both Olympia and Tacoma campuses.

Assistance Programs

Organizations listed under the "Social Service Organizations" tab may also offer assistance with bills.


Utilities Assistance at The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul - St. Michael Conference (Olympia)
1021 Boundary Street Southeast, Olympia, WA 98501

Assistance with utilities, including gas, electric, and water up to approximately $200 for those with disconnection notices if funds are available.

Utility Assistance at Emergency Outreach Program - Sacred Heart Church
906 Bowker Street Southeast, Lacey, WA 98503

Limited assistance with utilities as funds are available. Financial assistance provided will depend on current funding. Picture ID and disconnect/urgent notice required.

HEN - Housing and Essential Needs at Community Action Council - Thurston County
3020 Willamette Drive Northeast, Lacey, WA 98516

Housing and Essential Needs (HEN) may provide non-cash housing and other assistance for those who are unable to work for at least 90 days due to a physical or mental incapacity. Sometimes housing help is available. Requires referral from DSHS.
Scheduling for the new funding cycle typically begins in September. The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is a federally funded program that provides assistance to help low-income families and individuals pay heating bills during the winter.

Rent/Utility Assistance at Saint Vincent DePaul Society - Yelm Conference
506 1st Street South, Yelm, WA 98597

(360) 458-3031

Limited assistance with rent utilities for individuals and families in need. Must provide power company reference number from bill for utility help.

Financial Assistance - Veterans at Thurston County Public Health and Social Services at Lacey Veterans Services Hub
4232 6th Avenue Southeast, Lacey, WA 98503
Helps eligible veterans or family members with housing services including rent, mortgage, and shelter; as well as limited utilities (water or garbage), limited food and resource referral

City of Lacey Utility Fund at Community Action Council - Thurston County
3020 Willamette Drive Northeast, Lacey, WA 98516
Provides assistance to City of Lacey utility customers. Provides up to $75 twice per year, if funds are available. Serves households at or below 125% of the poverty level.

Veteran’s Assistance Fund 
Offers eligible veterans and immediate family members assistance with past due mortgage payments and rent. Other financial aid may be provided for power and water bills, garbage, food, bus passes and burial expenses.

City of Olympia and City Services
(360) 753 – 8340
601 4th Ave E, Olympia, WA, 98501
Offers disabled, senior citizens, and other qualified low income families with a discount on their utilities. These services and savings are only for customers who qualify. While program terms can vary, rates will generally be set at 50% of the standard utility rate for Solid Waste, Water, Sewer and Stormwater costs.


Rent Assistance

Community Action Council - Individuals must be Medicaid-eligible

Thurston: (360) 438-1100

Mason: (360) 426-9726

Lewis: (360) 736-1800

Community Youth Services (18-24 year olds only)

(360) 280-8114

City Gate Ministries

(360) 705-0291

DSHS - Community Service Office

(877) 501-2233               

Emergency Outreach Program

(360) 923-0929

Housing Authority of Thurston County

(360) 753-8292

Rochester Organization Of Families (ROOF)

(360) 273-6375

Saint Vincent DePaul Society - Olympia

(360) 352-7554

Daniel J. Evans Library - MS: LIB2300 - 2700 Evergreen Parkway, NE. Olympia, WA 98501 - 360-867-6250